2017年5月8日星期一

Have You Ever Been Stuck at the Airport

Have you ever found yourself at the airport with a lot of time to spare? That recently happened to me when I was flying out of the airport on the same day as my mother and the airport was two hours away from my parents home. I was flying to England to meet my wife and my mother was flying to my home in Florida to take care of it while I extended my vacation. Her flight left at 8am and my flight did not leave until 3 pm. I was wondering what I was going to do while I waited, especially since I was stuck at an airport where there was no wireless internet connection. Here is how I kept myself busy while I was there.
The first thing that I did was to pace the halls. I walked up and down the c concource for about an hour before I stumbled onto something interesting. Outside the Admirals Club I found that I could get a wireless signal so I planted myself down and did a couple hours of work. This helped the time go rather quickly and I was happy that I could spend the time being online instead of trying to sleep sitting up in an uncomfortable airport chair. Another thing that I did was to do some good old fashion people watching. This is something that is really interesting at an airport because you have hundreds of people coming in from all over the world and there are so many different types of people to look at. That kept me interested for about an hour.
So if you find yourself stuck in an airport for a long period of time do some walking and see what kind of opportunities present themselves. You may just be surprised at what you can find to get yourself into when you are stuck at such a melting pot, and what you can see, so enjoy your time and make the best of it.

没有评论:

发表评论